Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The center beam is in!

Today was a long day. DH cut the additions floor joists to size. Then DH, MD, MM, and I all worked to create and place the main center beam. That thing was HUGE! It's comprised of three side-by-side 2x2x18 plants of Yellow Pine. I thought we were going to drop it on ourselves several times. Luckily, we didn't. Tomorrow, we'll finish anchoring the beam in and install the floor joists. Who knows, if we do this fast enough, we might even be able to get the plywood down onto the floor joists! Here's hoping!
 My Dad putting on the sill and the sill seal. (Try saying 'sill seal' five times fast.)
 The floor joists! They aren't installed just yet, but they are in place to be attached to the center beam.
 Little Man rocking his ear protection.

The center beam going in. In order: My Mom, Hubby, My Dad, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment